Why Should Your Business have a Google Business Profile?
A Google Business Profile, also known as Google My Business, is a free marketing tool for businesses. It is essentially a profile created on Google that provides important information about your company, allowing your clients to leave you reviews, find you in Google Maps and even enhance your website’s SEO.
As reported by Bright Local: “76% of consumers ‘regularly’ read online reviews when browsing for local businesses” and “87% of consumers used Google to evaluate local businesses in 2022”.
These statistics signify the importance a Google Business Profile. Plus, it’s free so why wouldn’t you make use of it!
What Information can I add to my Google Business Profile?
- General Business Information: You can include everything from your business name, address, phone number, website URL, and a description of your products or services. This information will help your customers and potential new customers find you and contact your business.
- Location on Google Maps: Creating a Google Business Profile will enable your business to appear on Google Maps, allowing customers to easily locate your physical address and get directions to your business premises.
- Opening Hours: You can add you business's operating hours, as well as special hours for bank holidays or other occasions.
- Photos and Videos: You have the option of uploading images and videos of your business, as well as your logo and a cover image. These can provide potential customers with a visual impression of what you offer.
- Customer Reviews: Customers can leave your business reviews and positive reviews often encourage people to contact your company. Responding to these reviews is an important part of managing your Google Business Profile.
- Posts: You can create posts and push them out on your profile. It’s a great way of keeping customers up-to-date on events and promotions.
- Bookings and Appointments: If your business offers appointments, there is the option of integrating your booking systems with your profile.
Why is Google Business Important?
A well-maintained and optimised Google Business Profile is a valuable asset for businesses and a great way of increasing your online visibility and connecting with local customers. It also offers a range of other benefits which include:
- Local SEO: By optimising your Google Business Profile it can have a positive impact on your local search engine optimisation, great for search engine rankings and attracting local customers.
- Online Visibility: When people search for potential products or services offered by your company in their location, Google Business Profiles are prominently displayed in the search results, making it easier for potential customers to find your business and services.
- Q&As: You can include a question and answer section where customers can ask questions about your business, and you can respond to them. A great way of providing information and engaging with your potential customers.
- Insights and Analytics: You can see how users are interacting with your profile and specifically information on views, clicks, and actions taken on your profile. This is extremely valuable in determining how customers are engaging with your business online.
- Linking to your Website: By linking your website to your Google Business Profile you can drive more traffic to your site and potentially improve your website's SEO.
The benefits offered by a Google Business Profile are huge, it really is an essential tool for any digital marketing strategy and most importantly it’s totally FREE.
At Fountain Digital we offer a Google Business Profile set up service for companies that are unsure of where to begin. Contact the FD team today for more information – 01323 887387.